Saturday, September 24, 2022

Golfing in the Rain

 

A day trip to Central Florida was in store. Dotted with golf courses, the area is rich in opportunity for those who enjoy a great game. 

Starting as a beautiful day, I breathed in crisp air as I stood on the first tee box. Golfing in Florida is always a risk this time of year; rain can blow in quickly with a deluge. Hoping to get in a round before the clouds gathered, I swung my club.

The lovely day turned into a stormy one on the fifteenth fairway. Laughing at the rain, I finished my round somewhat wet. Puddles like glass in the grass reflected the sky, and I squished through my last few holes.

It would have been easy to get angry, frustrated at the weather that interrupted my impromptu trip. Learning to laugh at the rain, take joy in the small things and be grateful is a choice. I pray that we all choose joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Weekend in Washington D.C.

Flying into Baltimore on a chilly Thursday morning, a little thrill swirled in my stomach. Traveling to see our daughter perform at the Kenn...